Aupix is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using our website or products, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Aupix may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from January 1st 2012.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Telephone numbers
- On some services we may collect information about any physical or mental disabilities you might have
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with Aupix, you may not opt out of receiving these communications while you are an Aupix customer or use Aupix’s software.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis and research to improve Aupix’s products, services, and customer communications.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online and in our applications.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect non-personal information − data in a form that does not permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect and use for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, location and the time zone where an Aupix product or service is used so that we can better understand customer behaviour and improve our products, services, and advertising.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Cookies and Other Technologies
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
As is true of most websites, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp and clickstream data.
We use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behavior on the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. Aupix may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the Aupix website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Privacy Department, Aupix Ltd, 81 Macrae Road, Pill, Bristol, BS20 0DD, UK.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
To provide location-based services on Aupix products and services, Aupix may collect and use precise location data, including the real-time geographic location of your computer or device. This location data is collected solely to determine the location of a caller when they are trying to access an Emergency Service
Our Companywide Commitment to Your Privacy
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to Aupix employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.